Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy website

Our winemaker Hans Terzer unfolds his great artistry and experience with the Sanct Valentin wines. Selecting only the most excellent grapes from the vineyards of the St. Michael-Eppan Winery, he creates elegant, intense and complex wines, characterised by their exquisite minerality, finest aromatic, and exceptional ageing properties.

Alto Adige DOC

Sanct Valentin


In 1989 St. Michael-Eppan Winery started producing its most famous white wine and for over 30 years the Sanct Valentin Sauvignon has flourished in selected vineyards in the excellent growing conditions at the foot of the Mendel Massif to produce a high profile wine . Characterised by alluring fruit, excellent minerality and persistence. Not only is it the most important wine of the Sanct Valentin line, but also one of Italy’s most award-winning whites. With a seductive fruit and excellent minerality and persistence, this wine is the pride of the Sanct Valentin line and one of Italy’s most awarded-winning white wines.

at sight

brilliant yellow green

to the nose

Dense nose of yellow fruit, gooseberry, elderflower and ripe redcurrant

on the palate

Crisp acidity, smooth body and an elegant fullness



Area of cultivation

Sites: best vineyards in St. Michael and "Appiano Monte" (450–650m)
Exposure: Southeast
Soil: Limestone gravel
Training System: Guyot

Vine Age

10 to 33 years


mid to end of September; harvest and selection of grapes by hand


The majority (75%) is fermented in steel tanks, inside which the wine is aged on the lees until the end of April. The rest (25%) is fermented and aged in tonneau.


45 hl/ha


Alcohol Content: 14.5 %
Acidity: 6.45 gr/lt

Serving Temperature



10 years and more

Pairing Recommendations

An exquisite accompaniment to exclusive parties and special occasions, it pairs well with fried fish such as ocean perch, sole or char on pepper cream or with full-flavored vegetable risotto.